The concept of successful and unsuccessful people is simply a myth. Rather we can state that some people are aware of their ability to succeed and they work towards making things possible, while others having the same ability fail to follow the path in the right manner.
Besides, there’s no doubt that following the same path taken by most successful people will surely help you to create your success stories. So here we are sharing with you some valuable secrets, which will help to change your mindset and be successful.
Creating Your Success Stories:
In order to succeed you need to have a clear understanding of some concepts which restrict your performance and make you unsuccessful. Stay away from these concepts to taste success:
- False beliefs: False beliefs are the wrong notions you have about someone or something. For instance, if you believe that you cannot get a good job in an organization then you will be limiting your actual potential to work hard towards your goal. Hence if you wish to succeed you should be aware of the false beliefs which you harbor. False beliefs often have an adverse impact on your life. People often wallow in self pity after a bitter breakup simply because they have a false belief regarding love. Their mind does not heal because they have a false belief that they will never be able to find true love in their life.
- Giving undue importance to external factors: Here people often believe that whatever happens is due to external factors. For instance, stating that the paper was too tough in case you were unable to get a good score or blaming the growing rate of unemployment for not being able to secure a good job. These instances clearly reflect external locus of control. On the other hand some people also focus on the internal locus of control in which you tend to have the notion that you are completely in control of all the things that happen to you. Successful individuals never have an external locus of control.
- Not being persistent: Success is the result of persisting long enough to taste the fruits of your efforts. Striving until you have attained your goals despite the various pitfalls is true persistence. Hence, surge ahead and overcome failures to become successful.
- Not being flexible: It is very important to be able to adjust to external circumstances. You should be willing to change your method when your present one is not successful. By being flexible you will improve your chances to be successful.
- Improper Planning: You need to have your own goals and visions. If you do not plan for yourself, then somebody else will do it for you. However, it will be their plan not yours! Hence it is important to plan for yourself if you wish to be successful and create many success stories in your life.
- No self-confidence: It’s true that without confidence you won’t be able to share your ideas with conviction. If you do not have self confidence, people will try to deter you. You need to be self confident in order to be successful. The ultimate guide to build self confidence will be useful to you.